The Benefits of Refinishing Cabinets vs. Refacing or Buying New Cabinets
Refinishing cabinets is a great alternative to new cabinets for many reasons.
- New cabinets for the average kitchen will cost about 5 to 8 thousand dollars
- The demolition of your kitchen can take from 3 to 6 weeks
- When you install new cabinets you need to put on a new counter top which will cost a couple thousand dollars
- You will need to hire a plumber to plumb the new sink that you will have to buy for the new cabinets and countertops
- Refacing costs less than new cabinets but it is still about double refinishing due to the cost of wood.
- The boxes are covered with a paper thin veneer that is ironed to your cabinet boxes and then stained to match
- Over time the glue on this veneer will start to fail and the veneer will peel off
- After you pick your colors, your refinishing job will be completed in about 3 days
- There are hundreds of choices of stain or paint colors
- The boxes will be refinished the same way as the doors. They do not get a thin veneer like in refacing.
- The cost of refinishing is much less than buying new cabinets or refacing cabinets and yet they are refinished better than the factory finish right out of the shop
- We use a pre catalyzed lacquer that will last 20 years and will stand up to every day kitchen use
- We can get boxes and new doors to match existing cabinets if you want to add cabinets, are missing cabinets, or have a broken door or drawer face that needs replacing