Make A drastic change to the look and feel of your kichen by refinishing your existing cabinetry.
Get a bid on refinishing your cabinets
The Benefits of Refinishing Cabinets vs. Refacing or Buying New Cabinets
Refinishing cabinets is a great alternative to new cabinets for many reasons.
- New cabinets for the average kitchen will cost about 5 to 8 thousand dollars
- The demolition of your kitchen can take from 3 to 6 weeks
- When you install new cabinets you need to put on a new counter top which will cost a couple thousand dollars
- You will need to hire a plumber to plumb the new sink that you will have to buy for the new cabinets and countertops
- Refacing costs less than new cabinets but it is still about double refinishing due to the cost of wood.
- The boxes are covered with a paper thin veneer that is ironed to your cabinet boxes and then stained to match
- Over time the glue on this veneer will start to fail and the veneer will peel off
- After you pick your colors, your refinishing job will be completed in about 3 days
- There are hundreds of choices of stain or paint colors
- The boxes will be refinished the same way as the doors. They do not get a thin veneer like in refacing.
- The cost of refinishing is much less than buying new cabinets or refacing cabinets and yet they are refinished better than the factory finish right out of the shop
- We use a pre catalyzed lacquer that will last 20 years and will stand up to every day kitchen use
- We can get boxes and new doors to match existing cabinets if you want to add cabinets, are missing cabinets, or have a broken door or drawer face that needs replacing
We use a Hi build MagnaMax lacquer from MLCampbell to give you that ultimate finish.
MagnaMax High Performance Pre-Catalyzed Lacquer is the latest breakthrough from M.L. Campbell that closes the gap between pre-cat and post-cat lacquers. This high solids, water white formula offers the convenience and user-friendly features of pre-catalyzed lacquer, while providing the high durability and performance of a post-cat. Easy to apply with any equipment. Available in 275 and 550 VOC compliant formulas.
- Ultra-low formaldehyde – meets European E-1 standard
- True 1-gun finish – no sealer necessary
- Exceptional film build
- Excellent adhesion on both closed and open grain substrates
- Mar and scratch resistant
- Quick dry to sand and recoat times